Advance to Work
Advance to Work is a new fitness focussed employability programme for 16 – 24 year olds in Bracknell who are NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) who face significant barriers to employment.
Run by Adviza in partnership with Bracknell Town Football Club, Bracknell Forest Council’s Elevate and local employers, the programme aims to improve the fitness, wellbeing and employability of these young people.
The five weeks programme runs for three days each week. The two hour morning session will involve an emphasis on physical health including physical activities and the importance of a healthy lifestyle and the two hour afternoon session will focus on employability.
Bracknell Town Football Club will host the programme at its recently refurbished new facilities making use of its brand new 4G FIFA approved pitch to deliver the physical part of the programme. Local sports coaching firm EPC will be delivering the fitness and physical part of Advance to Work.
The employability session covers:
- Careers guidance
- A review of transferable skills to ensure that goals are realistic and to widen search categories
- Better off in work calculation and advice on in work benefits
- Mock interviews with local employers including detailed feedback
- Creating CVs in different formats and additional information sections of application forms
- Work experience preparation
- Support to access local training to improve employability prospects
The 5 week programme starts on the following dates:
- 12th July
- 16th October
- 8th January
- 12th February
- 16th April
Each day will include a morning session run from 10.30-12pm and an afternoon session from 1-3pm
Find out more
Call Jan Champney on 07891 052321 or via email email@example.com
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information direct to your email inbox.
The service from the first contact was excellent. I had a telephone conversation with a man who was positive and reassuring and...Read More