The Building Futures programme is focussed on changing the lives of adults and young people across Buckinghamshire and is part of the Building Better Opportunities programme funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
The programme brings together eight partners within Buckinghamshire to support at least 400 people over the next two and a half years to move them closer to learning or work.
The project has a particular focus on:
- people who are long-term unemployed and from workless households and families
- people aged over-50 who are long-term unemployed or have been made redundant
- people with learning difficulties,disabilities or long-term physical or mental health issues
- disengaged NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) young people and those at risk of becoming NEET, aged 15-25
- black minority and minority ethnic community.
In conjunction with the 7 partners, the key elements will include:
- a personalised action plan and support package based on their needs
- dedicated support from a Keyworker throughout their action plan
- a range of activities to build confidence, skills and motivation to sustain learning or work with training
- employability support including CV writing, job applications and interview/presentation skills
- support for improving English language skills (where required) and breaking down cultural barriers to entering work and learning
- access to work and volunteering opportunities
- advice on benefits and financial management and childcare support
Adviza has brought together an exceptional partnership of local VCS organisations, colleges and training providers to support the most isolated groups back towards work.
Our local partners:
- Bucks Mind
- Community Impact Bucks
- Healthy Living Bucks
- New Meaning Ltd (The Tool Shed)
- The OASIS Partnership
- Wycombe MIND
Building Futures has its own website with more indepth information about the programme and you can register your interest in taking part or on behalf of someone else.
For further information about the project please contact email@example.com
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information.
Huge thank you to Adviza who have been able to complete remote careers appointments with Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge students this...Read More