Helping you take the next step
Are you a recent graduate who is:
• Struggling to get into the career you want?
• Unemployed or underemployed?
• Not sure what you want to do?
• Needing help with your CV, identifying your employability skills or preparing for interviews and assessment centres?
• Trying to decide about further study or training?
Graduate Adviza provides careers advice and guidance to graduates in the Thames Valley (Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire). Our Careers Advisers are professionally qualified and trained, impartial and confidential and have a wealth of experience delivering careers guidance to young people across the Thames Valley.
How does Adviza work with graduates?
We provide confidential and impartial information, advice and guidance to graduates of any age, of any discipline, grade and subject across the Thames Valley as long as they have graduated within the last five years.
How can Graduate Adviza help me?
We provide tailored individual support on the following:
• Helping you decide what you want to do (Careers guidance & psychometric testing)
• How to network and job-hunt
• Helping you to build and adapt your CV/cover letter to different roles
• How to write application forms
• How to prepare for face-to-face and telephone interviews
• Mock interview sessions with honest constructive feedback
• How to prepare for Assessment Centres
• How your skills, experience and qualifications can be used in your career
Why should I choose Graduate Adviza?
Our advisers are trained in the graduate recruitment process and can help you stand out from the crowd by helping you create a winning CV, answer the frequently-used competency-based questions in an interview, prepare for telephone interviews and assessment centres and understand what employers really want. We have local knowledge, expertise and links to employers.
How much does a careers consultation with Graduate Adviza cost?
An hour long one-to-one session with a professionally trained careers adviser costs £49. This includes an initial questionnaire that you are asked to complete so your adviser can determine exactly what you need help with, and an action plan which outlines what you need to do to move forward after the consultation.
NB: Our prices are calculated on a not-for-profit basis.
Can my friend, parent, carer or teacher come along?
Although you are free to bring someone along with you, it is highly advisable that you have the actual meeting on your own. This allows you to discuss your situation openly and without interruption, distraction or persuasion.
Where will the consultation take place?
The meeting will be held at a mutually suitable location for yourself and the adviser. We aim to use the local Connexions centres but where this is not possible we can use a number of public places such as coffee shops and cafes. Advisers will not come to your home nor will they invite you to attend theirs.
Visit our shop to book a consultation.
You can download a copy of our Graduate Adviza leaflet here.
Make a donation
We are fundraising for a range of projects working with vulnerable young people who need urgent assistance to turn their lives around. For further information visit our supporters page. Thank you for your support.