Options after year 11
After year 11 you have a few options:
Stay at your school's sixth form
- Speak to your teachers, head of year or careers adviser about which subjects and qualifications will suit you.
- Go to the sixth form open day to find out more about the subjects, how they're taught and what they could lead on to.
- Want to go to university? Consider what you might want to study and what subjects will help you get there.
- Consider what career you may want in the future and whether certain subjects will help you get there.
Go to College
- Colleges offer a wide-range of academic and practical subjects and qualifications which can lead to university or employment.
- Check college websites for their open days.
Do an Apprenticeship
- If you like the idea of getting qualified whilst earning a wage in your chosen profession, an apprenticeship may be for you.
- Take a look at companies that recruit apprentices every year.
- Check out local apprenticeship vacancies.
- Our careers advisers are based in many schools across the Thames Valley and you can book an appointment to discuss your options in more detail. If your school doesn't have a careers adviser you can book a one-to-one meeting here. This is a paid service, however Adviza has a bursary scheme in place for those who cannot afford to pay.
Staying in Learning Longer Information about learning options in Buckinghamshire
Get in Go Far Information on apprenticeships
School Leavers Milkround Jobs, schemes and apprenticeships for school leavers