Adviza is a registered charity inspiring people to make better decisions that help them progress in learning and work. Our passion is to support young people and others, at important times in their lives where key decisions need to be made.
See our Vision and Values
Who we are
We were established in 2001 as Connexions Berkshire, delivering careers guidance as part of a national Connexions service under direct contract from central government. Following the devolvement of the Connexions budget to local authorities in 2006, we successfully bid for the Connexions contracts for Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire in 2008. That same year the renamed Connexions Thames Valley became a registered charity (1132201).
In July 2012 the charity's name was changed to Adviza and a full rebranding exercise undertaken. From October 2014 to October 2018 we were the Prime Contractor for the National Careers Service in the Thames Valley Region. From October 2018 we are the Prime Contractor for the South West and Oxfordshire Region, providing free, impartial advice to everyone aged 19 and over in our area.
What we do
Our clients are anyone needing professional, impartial careers information, advice and guidance (IAG) and intensive support to help them achieve their full potential.
- We work in partnership with schools and colleges providing careers information, advice and guidance (IAG) for their pupils
- We produce the school careers resources eCLIPS and Careers Planet
- We deliver services for unemployed young people in Berkshire, funded by local authorities as part of their local provision
- We provide intensive support programmes to help people overcome barriers to their progression in learning and work, funded through public bodies, local authorities and other agencies
- We deliver the National Careers Service contract in the South West and Oxfordshire Region, providing free, impartial careers advice to adults
- We offer paid-for services for individuals including careers guidance sessions and Morrisby assessments, and have a bursary scheme so that those who are eligible can get these free of charge.
More about us...
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information.
We feel very lucky to have [adviser] as part of our extended careers team and we know that we can always call upon her if we need...Read More