What steps are you taking to support older workers?
In February 2019, the south-west region of the UK had both the highest employment rate (80.0%) and lowest unemployment figures (2.6%).* This means that employers in the region are experiencing problems recruiting staff who have the skills and knowledge their organisations need.
As the UK workforce ages and fewer young people enter the labour market, your business will increasingly need to rely on the skills and experience of older workers if it is to remain competitive, increase productivity and growth, and avoid skills shortages in the future.
There are now more than 10 million people aged 50+ in employment*. By 2020 over 50s will comprise almost one third of the working age population**
Free support for your business
The National Careers Service is offering a free service to support your business to retain, retrain and recruit older workers.
By supporting order workers you benefit from:
- Increased staff loyalty and retention
- Improved productivity
- Reduced recruitment costs
- A workforce that reflects your customer demographics
- Experience, skills and ways of thinking that come with age diversity
What we offer
Our experienced National Careers Service advisers provide practical guidance and professional support free to businesses to help them manage the retention, retraining and recruitment of older staff. We work with you to:
- Undertake a skills audit
- Review older worker strategies and policies
- Create a workforce plan
- Carry out training needs analysis
- Deliver Morrisby psychometric assessments
- Deliver resilience training
- Support with adult apprenticeships
- Undertake digital skills assessments
- Enrol onto digital courses
- Provide mid-life career reviews
Find out more
Call 0333 006 2966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Office of National Statistics
** DWP Framework For Action Background Evidence
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information.
Huge thank you to Adviza who have been able to complete remote careers appointments with Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge students this...Read More