Fuller Working Lives
What steps are you taking to support older workers?
There are now more than 10 million people aged 50+ in employment*. By 2020 over 50s will comprise almost one third of the working age population**
As the UK workforce ages and fewer young people enter the labour market, your business will increasingly need to rely on the skills and experience of older workers if it is to remain competitive, increase productivity and growth, and avoid skills shortages in the future.
Free support for your business
The National Careers Service is offering a free service to support your business to retain, retrain and recruit older workers.
By supporting order workers you benefit from:
- Increased staff loyalty and retention
- Improved productivity
- Reduced recruitment costs
- A workforce that reflects your customer demographics
- Experience, skills and ways of thinking that come with age diversity
What we offer
For your business:
- On site visits to discuss your needs
- Free advice on retaining, retraining and recruiting older workers
- Support to review and develop your HR policies for older workers
For your 50+ workers:
- In-depth information, advice and guidance
- Skills health check
- Mid-life career review
- Information on training courses
- Accredited online learning
- Information on apprenticeships
- Support to explore flexible working approaches and practices that encourage retention
Find out more
Call 0333 006 2966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Office of National Statistics
** DWP Framework For Action Background Evidence
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information.
I just wanted to say a massive thank you for running the two workshops for us. We have received such positive feedback, I hope that...Read More