Regional Redeployment Service
Keeping people at work:
The National Careers Service in partnership with our regional LEPs are working together to create a Regional Redeployment Service.
The service is:
- Operating across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, and the South West to create a Regional Redeployment Service.
- Aims to match those recently made redundant with new work in sectors experiencing a surge in employment demand such as food retail, care and distribution.
It will engage with employers needing to make redundancies to ensure a smooth transition for employees into new work.
This information is for all businesses and employers across the above regions, who are having to make changes to their workforce as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Please follow the advice below to ensure we can offer the support you need.
Tell us the region you are responding to and email or phone using the contact info below:
- If you have made (or will be making) employees redundant – quote option 1
Up to five staff redundancies, please refer those individuals for direct support to the National Careers Service.
- If you are planning to make larger-scale redundancies (five or more) additional support is also available for you as an employer and your employees - quote option 2 and ensure your message includes:
- Notification of redundancies at scale
- Number and job roles affected
- Last day of work for affected individuals (if known)
Keeping people in training, looking after your well-being:
Remote information, advice and guidance service is available for you now.
If you have found yourself on Furlough, would like to talk through options - quote option 3; the service can provide valuable advice and help you to be ready for the next steps in your career, including moving into a new role or sector, getting new qualifications, updating your CV, developing online interview skills or identifying training opportunities.
We can provide extra support for you, supporting you to structure your time, providing local networks or finding online qualifications, as well as more generally helping you to move into sectors experiencing high demand, if your job is at risk.
Lockdown has made life difficult for many of us, but if you can find the time, build up your existing skill set and discover new talents with the Skills Toolkit. It is made up of free online courses, tools and resources to help you improve your digital and numeracy skills. These high quality resources suit a range of interests and skill levels.
If you need an initial discussion or have a direct enquiry, please contact:
Head of Delivery
Mobile: 07827 947132
For general guidance and links to further information on redundancy for both employers and employees, you can read the DWP Factsheet on Redundancy.
The National Careers Service is completely free of charge, and accessible to anyone aged 13+ and living in England. To access the service, call 0800 100 900.
Our National Careers Services South West & Oxfordshire Twitter feed will occasionally share vacancies for employers experiencing high demand, and can be accessed here: https://twitter.com/NC_SWandOxon
Live vacancies in the South West & Oxfordshire, Bucks and Berks (last updated 25/01/2021)
- Cornwall and the Isle of Scilly
- Heart of the South West
- Swindon & Wiltshire
- West of England
* Vacancy source: Labour Insights. Please note that these vacancies are updated each week.
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information.
Huge thank you to Adviza who have been able to complete remote careers appointments with Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge students this...Read More