Volunteering gives you an opportunity to try out different jobs to see what suits you, and it looks great on your CV or personal statement.
What can volunteering do for you?
- Build your confidence and self-esteem
- Make a real difference to someone else's life or circumstances
- Push you out of your comfort zone to face new and exciting challenges
- Improve your career opportunities and employability skills
- Help you become part of your community
- Gain experience or recognition in your chosen field
- Help you build networks for future job seeking
- Meet like-minded people and make friends
National organisations offering volunteering opportunities
Vinspired - volunteering guide for 14-24 year olds. Search and apply for opportunities
Do It - national volunteering site where you can search for current opportunities
Youth Parliament - opportunities for 11-18 year olds to use their elected voice to bring about social change through meaningful representation and campaigning
Local organisations offering volunteering opportunities
Oxfordshire Community & Voluntary Action