Adviza is a registered charity inspiring people to make better decisions that help them progress in learning and work. Our passion is to support young people and others, at important times in their lives where key decisions need to be made.
See our Vision and Values
Who we are
We were established in 2001 as Connexions Berkshire, delivering careers guidance as part of a national Connexions service under direct contract from central government. Following the devolvement of the Connexions budget to local authorities in 2006, we successfully bid for the Connexions contracts for Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire in 2008. That same year the renamed Connexions Thames Valley became a registered charity (1132201).
In July 2012 the charity's name was changed to Adviza and a full rebranding exercise undertaken. Since October 2014 we have been the Prime Contractor for the National Careers Service in the Thames Valley Region, providing free, impartial advice to everyone aged 19 and over in our area.
What we do
Our clients are anyone needing professional, impartial careers information, advice and guidance (IAG) and intensive support to help them achieve their full potential.
- We work in partnership with schools and colleges providing careers information, advice and guidance (IAG) for their pupils
- We produce the schools careers resources eCLIPS and Careers Planet
- We deliver careers services for unemployed young people in Berkshire and Buckinghamshire, funded by local authorities as part of their local provision
- Our project teams provide intensive support programmes to help people overcome barriers to their progression in learning and work, funded through social investment, public bodies, local authorities and other charities
- We deliver the National Careers Service contract in the Thames Valley Region, providing free, impartial careers advice to adults
- We offer careers guidance sessions, psychometric assessments and workshops direct to young people, their parents, graduates and adults
More about us...
Sign up to our newsletter today to receive latest news updates and information.
You [careers adviser] have a fantastic way to engage the learners, even the most difficult learners. You have great ideas to help the...Read More