Careers Planet is a fun, space-themed resource in which pupils become astronauts and voyage to a make-believe galaxy to discover 23 Careers Planets and the jobs that exist on them.
The ready-to-run pack of activities has been developed by careers professionals to introduce Key Stage 2 and 3 pupils to the world of work in an imaginative way:
- Launches the concept of job families - each planet represents a job family
- Boosts knowledge and understanding of careers available
- Encourages investigation of jobs and how they match pupils' likes and dislikes
- Explores the realities of the labour market - competition for jobs, entry routes and requirements
- Expands pupils' horizons about what the future world of work might look like for them.
Careers Planet comes in a durable carry case containing everything needed to set up and run each activity:
- Six lesson plans with further activities that can be used within lessons or in shorter tutor time periods
- A set of resources needed in the lessons that can be printed or photocopied
- 92 job profiles (four jobs per planet) updated to include the new GCSE grading
- Five A3 game boards for Space Mission lesson, which can also be used as visuals in Voyages of Discovery lessons
- Careers Planet galaxy image to project onto screens/whiteboards
- An overview of Careers, Employability and Enterprise education aged 5-14, including how Careers Planet can help schools to meet quality awards, the CDI careers framework and the Gatsby Benchmarks
- An electronic copy of all the resources in the pack.
Buy online or download an order form to pay by invoice. Price £165 (+VAT)
An Update Pack is available for schools that have already bought Careers Planet.
"Activities and resources are fresh and stimulating." Primary school teacher
See the terms of sale for our cancellations and refunds policy.